Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Surprising Little Sweethearts

Hello there!
 For many of my education classes I am expected to complete observation hours, which before this semester just the thought of it completely and utterly stressed me out. What I didn't know was how much fun I would have getting to know some of these little sweethearts!

One of my teachers that is requiring observation hours assigned me to a wonderful kindergarten class with a relatively new teacher, who happens to be a UAB alumni. The location was iffy to me at first, but when I arrived I was shocked. The school was only two years old and full of friendly students and staff. I felt completely welcome.

The children were so kind and curious! They each greeted me with a smile and told me their names. They were soon to be-friend me, as kindergarteners do, and I never had an empty hand or an empty seat next to me for the rest of the day. Their little smiles warm my heart and have a contagious way of making me smile also.

The moral of the story is don't ever set yourself up for failure; you never know how a situation will turn out. I'm very lucky to be placed in the lives of these students, even if it is only for a short time. I look forward to my next day of observation!

No comments:

Post a Comment