Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Stressed to the Max!

Well, the increasing stress of being a college student is finally catching up with me. Today has just been one big project assigned after another. The pressure of the future and good grades is sometimes too much to handle. I have very high expectations for myself and have somehow always managed to reach them.

As I was reading my Bible this afternoon, I realized that worry was something God does not want in us. Matthew 6:27 says, "and which of you by being anxious can add a single hour to his life span?" This verse was meant especially for me today. I get ahead of myself sometimes and plan very far into the future. I need to focus on right now, do what I can, and then stop worrying about it. I was encouraged when I read this verse, and I hope you are too!

No comments:

Post a Comment